Sunday, January 21, 2007

Back in Seattle

I've been back a week and so far I have spent ALOT of time applying for jobs. 12 jobs to be exact so far, and I'm crossing my fingers hoping I get a call from at least one of them soon. I'm trying to stay optimistic and not get headaches from spending too much time on the computer. It's mostly working. I ran across this "motivational" essay thing and liked it so i am stealing excerpts for my own wellbeing. and maybe yours.

"The really exciting parts of life appears when you've left the past behind but you don't yet know what the future looks like. It's in the struggle, in the becoming..... it's about allowing yourself to dive headfirst into your next great life without fear, without dread, without shame or embarrassment, but with a sheer joy and exuberance of living. It's about giving yourself permission to let go. To embrace uncertainty, to relish the struggle, to let go of the need to know. It's about allowing yourself to float in that heart-opening, mind-expanding space and improvise. It's about discovering the thrill and the joy of reinventing yourself, reinventing your life. "


Anyways, I'm still enjoying Seattle. I got a new battery in my car today so I will be free to move about the state now. I enjoy spending time with John, JoAnne and the kids and appreciate their kindness and support. I also enjoy smelling and not sneezing 24/7 as my meds and nasonex are working quite nicely. I look forward to spring, and going to visit the mountain sometime soon. I have missed the outdoors and my mountain friends. A few of us have booked a room in Las Vegas for a long weekend in April for Jordan's 21st birthday. Definitely something to look forward to. In the meantime, i will job search, and run, and enjoy the company of my family and embrace my uncertain future!
Take care everyone, Annie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home