Ah! Internet!

Well Kids (and adults) I am welcomed back into the wonderful world of high speed internet. Ah! Civilization! Actually, I have been off the mountain for almost a week now- my last nite of work being sunday the 29th. We had an overwhelming 3 rooms and the first snow in Longmire so it wasn't a very busy night, which was fine by me. The power went out for about an hour which was kinda fun and helped time go by a little faster. So I'm back in the Seattle area, staying with my wonderful and supportive and fun family until roadtrip departure in a couple weeks. I'm trying to use my time wisely and work on my resume and cover letter to get a JOB gasp! It's coming along so far, although I sometimes get distracted by more entertaining things like pinball (try and beat 5 million!!!), and chatting with friends, and listening to music, and anything else slightly more fun. I especially enjoy spending time with my family, hanging out, going to the mall and just being involved in the lives of those that used to be so far away. I began this weekend by hanging out with Claude, watching Xmen 3 with her and Cleo the cat. Saturday afternoon, we headed to the University of Washington campus and "the ave" to shop and walk around. It was a great experience to explore an area new to me, and experience the aura of seattle, the rain. From there we had a nice lunch in kirkland and got a warm starbucks for the walk home in the downpour. That night, John and JoAnne had kindly invited me to a play they had tickets to in Seattle. We headed back into the city for delicious mediteranean food, a bottle of wine and an entertaining version of The Great Gatsby on stage, followed by coffee and desert afterwards. As my mom would say "It was a ball." So I have about a week and a half before Zack and I will depart for the coast. We got a preview a couple weeks ago when we headed to Cape Disappointment, in Washington, to camp by the beach on our days off. The picture above was taken there by our camp site. I am very much looking forward to the future but trying to make the most of my time here now- I'm going to my first seattle concert on Saturday to see Murder by Death (sadly without my usual concert buddies) and am planning to visit Joe Wells in Port Angeles later this week. So the cell phone is up and running with the regular number, there are new pictures on the webshots site, and of course I love and miss everyone greatly. I hope all is going well for everyone.
Much Love, Annie

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home