Friday, June 30, 2006

Hello again! I write again with news of more pictures. On tuesday, I had time to kill before I worked the 4-12 audit shift and decided to go out on a trail behind the dorm and Jackson Visitor Center. I wasn't sure exactly what trail I was on at the time but just followed the markings for awhile and ended up pleasantly surprised. I was heading towards panarama point, a high peak where you can see Mt. Adams, Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Hood on a clear day. I didn't make it quite that far due to lack of time and being alone but I did manage to capture some amazing views and went a little camera crazy. Some of the pics look the same... I know. I tend to do that when I get excited but sift through and enjoy the many many angles, and each peak and cliff,of the mountains and pick your favorites. If you look closely you can see Mt. Adams and St. Helens in the backround as well as sweet glacier crevaces on Rainier. And just to make sure every one knows.... there is a Wilson glacier..... and its a big one! All is well here. Times are busy but in place. I rearranged my room and took down the bunk beds to create one giant bed that I only sleep on one side of .. Its turned out to be a nice place where people can chill if their roommates went to bed early. We usually just hang out, talk, listen to music, and make plans for future hikes and activities.

work is starting to get busier. Last night i had to pick up a few tables to help the servers out. I hadn't served in awhile but have worked and observed long enough to catch on as I went and it worked out quite well. I don't think I would mind a couple serve shifts a week. Full pay plus tips would make it quite worth it. We will see how things go though. I am probably needed on the front desk the most since I do the audit.... Other than that things are back to normal and time continues to fly by. Soon it will be August and my mom will be coming to visit!

Special shot outs to my family in Delaware right now. I wish we at the beach together but I think of you guys often and hope you are having a great time. Thanks for keeping the family tradition alive after 15+ years. Can't wait for next year!

Much Love to All-- Annie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home